quarta-feira, 19 de março de 2014

Making it work - March, 15th

After reading my first blog entry, and checked all other blogs, I think that I will continue writing like I did with my first blog - sharing some stories.
On wednesday's night, I had two tasks: prepare sprint backlogs with burndown charts and write my first blog entry. 
Since I've only learned about Scrum technique on tuesday and I am the Scrum master, I felt a newbie trying to apply some professional techniques to some people I don't know. I had to read presentation’s slides on Scrum, searched on internet for some google docs Scrum templates - although it looks like an easy 5 min research, it took way more time because I couldn't pick the template that would fit the best (they were either not the scrum templates at all or to complex Scrum templates). After some reading on this field, and help that Ramunas gave me that afternoon(thank you!), I could make it simple. I've also about two hours typing my thirty five hundred characters.
Thinking about presentation that I was preparing, remembers me that there were also Ruslanas and Ranek working hard and with some fun on prototype. I was just amazed, when they asked me for some photo.

Let me tell you, how did the first example happen! So, when were trying to have some photo example, I asked Mihail for some known Latvian developer. It seemed difficult at first because he couldn't think of any, but he came up with a search result. He just googled "tom cruise". (As far as I know, tom cruise is not a developer, but an actor.) After getting it, I thought that something like "how to be hot" could be a funny example. Ruslanas, took care of picture, making it round. Ranek added it to prototype. Since we were just making some "brainstorming" for example, Mihail and me got back to our work. After an hour or something like that, Ruslanas just asked me for a photo. "I don't have a photo", I said. "Yes, but I can take one now", he answered. Well, since i'm in a "getting out of the comfort zone", I just said yes. After some photos taken, I have checked all other funny talks they have added. I just bursted laughing after seeing all the talks they have added, since "How to make a good prototype" where Ruslanas is the speaker to "How to became a great leader" where Kim Jong Un is the invited speaker to "How to become a scrum master" where I would asked to speak. (And let's not forget the fact that "How to pick up a rich developer" talk has a favorite star, that meant that user would like to attend.)

After this amazing prototype work and me spending some time on my two tasks of that night, I ended up going to bed at two, knowing that in five and an half hours, I had to wake up. Next morning, I have drunk 4 glasses of tea, to avoid the effects of sleep deprivation.

Before presentation, it was told that the every team was going to choose the best prototype. I just presented sprint backlogs with burndown charts and let guys present our prototype. After presentation, I enjoyed seeing other projects with high fidelity prototypes that had a very good UI, or some others low fidelity prototypes with well-defined functionalities. When it came to choose the ones we liked the most, we had a tie. Two guys picked on prototype, two others picked another one. Since I, despite the fact I'm the Scrum master, am as equal as they are, I just had to get easy, and pick the other idea, and it was it. After getting some results, I couldn't believe that we were the ones getting more votes. I wasn't working for it, neither other guys were. And we got some reward. Some chocolates with grapes inside, or something similar, I don't know. Although I didn't liked them too much, it remembered me in every bite that working hard and with fun, sometimes, just pays off.

I would also like to talk about my friday's afternoon mistake that allowed only Mihail to work, and today's negotiation between AndroidApp, an high quality application development company, and SCC, some company that makes oral deals, and takes his word back, that didn't really care about not having users using its android application, that failed to understand that we are a high quality company, that have no IT background and therefore doesn't know about cloud services, that... ok, its enough. You can see why this deal was not going to happen.

Also, I'd like to say thank you to all teachers that are leaving or have already left by today. I'm really loving my stay in here, and without teachers, there would be no learning, no IDE's working or applications debugged. Thank you!

And in about 6 hours, there will be some go kart and sightseeing city - that's how sunday's are meant to be! :D





Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário